Value for Money
As a small bespoke charity we recognise the value of every penny donated and reaffirm here our continuing commitment to keeping support costs as low as possible and maximising expenditure on charitable activities. However, we also recognise the need to invest in new activities as we grow and have made increased investments in fundraising support and our advocacy work stream over the current year. This has resulted in a small increase in our support costs of .05p for every pound raised in 2015-2016. Even with this small increase we are proud that a whole 86p of every £1 was spent on charitable activities during the year.
You Can Help
Whatever you give today, your donation has the power to change the life of a child with a disability in Africa.
How we are Funded
For funds that give us the flexibility to respond quickly to an urgent need, support our current partners or develop new projects we rely heavily on unrestricted funding. This comes from:
Grants from trusts, foundations and national government departments are an essential funding source for our charity that provides significant support towards the delivery of our projects and programmes in country. Approximately 2/3 of our income comes from of grant-making bodies.
We are extremely grateful that over the years, many trusts and foundations have supported us by awarding us grant towards our projects. We hope to continue to grow our partnerships with grant making bodies over the next strategic period.
AbleChildAfrica is able to offer innovative partnerships with companies that are looking to make a difference to the lives of young people with disabilities in Africa. Current corporate sponsors include Trade Export and Finance (TXF) Media and PenCarrie. You can learn more about our corporate partnerships here.
We are also reliant on donations in kind and are grateful for pro-bono support from the following people and companies:
- Print design support from Jennifer Rose Designs
- Super Being Labs for the design and support for our website
- JPGphotogrpahy for pro-bono photography services
- FLUX London for the installation of our accessible toilet
- Brontide for providing and installing ethernet cable infrastructure
- Madison Rahhal for photography, videography and production of promotional video
- Paper Dog for our 2015 logo and brand refresh
- TXF Media for their ongoing partnership
- Monckton Chambers & CISCO for trustee meeting rooms and refreshments
- Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC for computers
- Staff Training from The Foundation for Social Improvement (FSI)
Reports and accounts
Our goal is to continue to grow our financial resources to increase our programs and impact. In this way, together we can reach more of the world’s most vulnerable children.