Are you under 25? Do you have lived experience of disability ? Do you live in the UK? Are you interested in fighting for the rights of disabled children and young people on the international stage?
AbleChildAfrica are forming a Youth Council and we are hosting a Focus Group to gather feedback and ideas for young people interested in taking part.
AbleChildAfrica works exclusively with disabled children and young people across Africa, currently in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. We partner with local organisations to deliver projects on a range of issues from education to sports and health. We also campaign for the rights of disabled children at a national and international level. We are now forming a Youth Council to put a youth voice and the heart of our work and to ensure young peoples voices on disability and development are heard.
If you are interested in taking part in the shaping of this project, and have ideas and enthusiasm to contribute, please send an email to Jenny Bowie, Programmes and Advocacy Officer at email@example.com by Thursday 26th November
Please include your thoughts on the following questions.
- Do you meet the some or all of the criteria identified above?
- Why are you interested taking part in the Focus Group?
- Have you had any previous experience in a campaign or project that affects people with disabilities?
• The focus group will take place at our office (near Vauxhall) on a weekday evening or Saturday morning during the week commencing 30th November, depending on availability of participants.
• Refreshments will be provided along with travel expenses within London as required.
• Participation via Skype and/or phone is also available for those outside London or unable to attend in person.
Please note that spaces are limited for this initial meeting and we will select those best placed to input into a Focus Group. For those not selected to take part we will circulate information and opportunities for future campaigning and youth activities.
For any questions or queries, please don’t hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org