“A 42km course through some of the most amazing scenery that Africa has to offer.”
When: 4th June 2017
Where: Masaka, Uganda
An incredible opportunity for the adventurer in you! Take on the Uganda Marathon in Masaka, located in the Central Region of Uganda, with stunning scenery and meet runners from all over the world. This is not just a marathon but a week-long experience where you live in the Athlete’s Village and have the opportunity to engage in a range of other activities in addition to the marathon.
Applications are now open to enter a team, representing and fundraising for AbleChildAfrica!
Apply for an AbleChildAfrica Charity Place
Register today on the Uganda Marathon website.
You’ll need to pay a £99 registration fee when you sign up, with the remainder of the payment due within 60 days. Make sure you quote the promotional code WEAREALLABLE to claim £50 off your final balance payment and let Uganda Marathon know you’re fundraising for AbleChildAfrica.
The cost for this amazing adventure depends on the type of accommodation you prefer:
CAMPING – £590
Camp out at the beautiful Athlete’s Village. For happy campers who love being close to nature and want their own little corner of paradise. All the facilities of the Village are available.
SAFARI – £740
Stay in a luxury safari tent at Athlete’s Village. The tents are spacious and tall enough to stand up in and you’ll be sharing in groups of 4. Feel at home with cosy bedding and new friends!
HOTEL – £840
Stay in the best Hotel in Masaka. Enjoy a buffet breakfast and hot showers, pump some iron in the gym or cool down in the pool, then join other runners for a nightcap at the Village. Experience everything and have a proper bed to sleep in – it’s the best of both worlds!
So what’s included in the price?
- An unforgettable week-long adventure in Uganda: described as the African Glastonbury Festival!
- 7 nights accommodation at Masaka’s best hotel, or at the Athlete’s Village – a beautiful woodland arts and sculpture park on a hill overlooking the whole region, with hot showers, a bar and communal mess tent for our exclusive use
- 3 meals per day
- Campfire evenings with 150 new friends
- Race entry to the 10k, half or full marathon race on Sunday 4th June 2017
- Your entry fee also subsidies FIFTEEN Ugandan junior runners to participate!
- Nightly entertainment at the campsite – breakdancing, music, traditional drumming & dance and more
- Pre-race chill out, games & activities
- Pre-race pool party & hotel afternoon and pre-race medical briefing
- Language & cultural lessons from our local staff
- 24/7 emergency medical support from a team of UK doctors
- All core feed/water stations & medical support
- Race t-shirt
- Stunning handmade finisher’s medal
- Pre-race pasta party
- Airport pickup (included on Monday 29th May only – available at other times for extra cost)
- Airport return transfer (Monday 5th June only – available at other times for extra cost)
Flights, Ugandan Visa and incidentals are not included in the above prices.
When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including lots of fun ideas and helpful tips. We recommend you break your target into manageable chunks and create a plan to help you reach your goals.
You can create your own online fundraising page – it’s the easiest way to get sponsored. Let everyone know why you’re taking part and update your page with photos and videos. Share your page on Facebook, Twitter and by email so your family, friends and colleagues can sponsor you.
Find out more by getting in touch with the subject ‘Uganda Marathon’ using the contact form below or email email@example.com.
Please note: This event is organised by Uganda Marathon. Find out more on the Uganda Marathon website.