A huge thank you to our 2017 London Marathon runners who worked so incredibly hard at this year’s race, raising a phenomenal amount of money towards our vital work.
When: April 2018 (Date TBC)
Where: London, UK
Register your interest for our Golden Bond 2018 London Marathon places here!
Have you applied for a ballot place for the 2018 Virgin Money London Marathon? In the case of you receiving a ballot place in October, we would love to have you on our team as an Own Place runner! If we offer you a Golden Bond place, we ask you to pay a non-refundable £50 entry fee and pledge to raise a minimum of £1,500 TBC (excluding Gift Aid). If you receive a ballot place, we will offer your Golden Bond place to someone else and you can set your own fundraising target!
Why run for AbleChildAfrica?
We value each and every marathon runner who chooses to fundraise for AbleChildAfrica! Whether you’re runnng as an Own Place runner or have received one of our Golden Bond places in the 2018 London Marathon, you’ll receive the following support and resources…
- an AbleChildAfrica fundraising pack, including AbleChildAfrica posters for events, sponsorship forms and helpful fundraising tips and tricks
- your own branded AbleChildAfrica running vest
- regular communications from our fundraising team with ideas for events and information about AbleChildAfrica’s work
- a dedicated AbleChildAfrica contact who will provide you with unlimited support
- an AbleChildAfrica cheering squad on the day
- the knowledge that you’re supporting an organisation that reached over 8500 children last year alone and is changing the lives of disabled children in Africa every single day!
I felt incredibly supported from the very first e-mail confirming my place running for AbleChildAfrica. Evelyn was in constant contact throughout the process, offering help, encouragement and kind words. I never felt alone. My whole experience was just amazing.
Buffy Parker – AbleChildAfrica runner, 2017
Create your own online fundraising page – it’s the easiest way to get sponsored!
When you sign up, you’ll receive a welcome pack that has everything you need to know about fundraising, including lots of fun ideas, helpful tips and resources to use at any fundraising events you may hold. We recommend you break your target into manageable chunks and create a plan to help you reach your goals.
We’ll be here every step of the way to give you extra support and help ensure you meet your target!
Share your page on Facebook, Twitter and by email so your family, friends and colleagues can sponsor you.
Convinced…? Register your interest for our 2018 London Marathon team here!
Want to take on another challenge for AbleChildAfrica? We are still recruiting for amazing people to join our 2017 RideLondon team… Sign up today to be part of this world-class cycling festival today – great discounts when registering as a team!
Please note: The London Marathon is organised by the Virgin Money London Marathon team. Find out more on the Virgin Money London Marathon website.